Thread: NJ to Seattle

1. Default NJ to Seattle

I am planning on moving to Seattle in April from NJ. I think RT80 To RT90 would be the best way to go. Is there a tracker or some way to see if the roads will be closed as I am making my journey? I will be driving a moving truck and towing my car.
    Any help or suggestions on Lodging or ANYTHING would be helpful.

Joplin MO

Barring a late season storm, the Interstates will be open. Even if they close, they will be cleared and reopened quickly, you can't stop commerce! If you have a wifi-equipped laptop, you can use Google to find each state's DOT website, which should have current road conditions. I make a habit of doing that in the hotel each morning before I leave. I believe you can also call 511 with your cell phone. Interstate rest areas and truck stops are also good places to find road conditions.

I think I'd modify that route - I'd take I-80/I-84/I-82/I-90. Plan on 6 days if you are driving a truck and towing. Best bet for convenient lodging is chain hotels at Interstate exits, but try to avoid big cities.

3. Default Idaho Area...

I agree with glc,

Well if you feel tired and your in the Boise area...the Budget Hotel is extremely inexpensive for one person you can get a room for around $39.99 (that is with tax). With Wal-Mart literally next door to the hotel, and great places around to grab a quick bite.

If you are traveling from Twin Falls, ID to Boise,ID I do advise extra precaution while driving, High desert winds blow in that area as high as 50 mile per hour wind gusts, so if you are driving a Moving Truck and towing a car just use some precaution. I'am not trying to say it blows high winds all the time but...some gusts can occur. once you reach Mountain Home to Boise it is a straigh stretch, no hills.

There are about 3 hotels, a Pilot, and a bunch of fast food rest. to eat at plus a Wal-Mart at the first exit of Mountain Home.

Anything else you want to know from Twin Falls to Ontario,OR just let me know.