1. Default 4 English girls need LOTS of help for a California road trip!

Me and 3 friends are going on a 3 week trip in California this July/Aug. We are flying to and from LA and our basic route is to go LA - Las Vegas- San Francisco-LA with maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon from Vegas.

We would really like some tips on where is best to stay along the way, how many nights we would need to stay at each place and any things that are worth seeing that might not be on this route. We would also like to stay in some 'different' accommodation at some point on a trip - e.g a beach hut or cabin. If anybody has any ideas they will be greatfully received as at the moment we only have a flight booked!

Amy x

Green County, Wisconsin

Default A footing

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

3 weeks is a very nice amount of time to explore this part of California and the Southwest, and you should have no trouble finding things to fill your time. Of course, no one else will be able to tell you how much time you should spend in each place, that's the sort of individual decision that makes the freedom of a roadtrip unique. I would recommend reading some of our favorite threads on this part of the world, and also use the search functions to read some more of the hundreds of threads that have information that can help you start planning your own adventure.

South of England.

Default A map and a bottle [or 2] of wine.

And have a girls night in researching.

Hi Amy,

With 3 weeks to explore you could make a really nice loop through some amazing landscapes, but as Michael pointed out it's for you and the group to decide how long you want to spend in each place chilling out and of course finding things of interest to you all. The compatibility test is a fun way of getting a discussion going and to see that you are all on the same page, so to speak.

As you do this have a map at hand and you can start picking those places out and get every one's input.
    Here's a suggested route to get you started;

LA to Grand canyon [stopping somewhere on route] > Page/Lake Powell > Bryce canyon> Zion NP> Las Vegas > Death Valley> Yosemite > San Francisco> Pacific coast highway to LA.

When you have got an idea of what you want to do post it up and we can help you piece it together.

4. Default wine and a map!!!

A night in with wine and a map sounds like a good idea but I can't be sure we will be able to read the map after the wine!
    We are going to meet to get a better idea of a route and then I will let you know. Thanks for your help