1. Default Bandera to Memphis

So I'm from NYC but going to go down to Bandera a 2nd time this year....I highly reccommend it. Anyway we are driving up to Memphis and driving through Arkansas. We were wondering where to stop in Arkansas we don't want to really go to a big if anyone knows fun places to stop anything will do (random odd things)!I think we are only staying there for a night but who knows. We are 3 girls all about 27 yrs old.

Tucson, AZ

Default Two Unique Arkansas Stops

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There are two stops that I might recommend that are unique to the state and not that far off the Interstates. They are (1) Hot Springs National Park, a beautiful mountain town where, yes, you can take the 'treatment' still. and (2) Crater of Diamonds State Park, the only place in the world that lets you dig in a real diamond field.

3. Default Nice

I heard about the Diamond park....that sounds like a lot of fun and we def want to stop there. Do you pay to get in and do you just dig where ever you please? How about cute little towns to stop and stay the night?

4. Default Need some real advice Texas to Tennessee

July 17-July 25 my 2 girls friends and I are going down to Bandera and staying 2 nights. Now the rest of the trip is up in the air and we want to be wise about the route we take and places we stop. We need to be in Memphis probably by July 23 or 24 then our flight out is the 25. We were wondering what is there to do in between whether it is in Arkansas on the way up or even hitting some North East city in Louisiana. Anything will help we are looking for interesting new experiences and fun, festivals, fairs, really anything. WE just don't know where to start looking b/c we don't know anything about the cities.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 05-19-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Please keep all questions in one place regarding this trip.