1. Default mid to late October Roadtrip: Toronto to Los Angeles

Hi all

My boyfriend and I are planning a 3 week roadtrip starting in Toronto and ending in LA, up to San Fran and then back home.

Here's what we have so far.

- Toronto
    - Chicago
    - Omaha
    - Denver
    - Albuquerque
    - Grand Canyon
    - Vegas
    - LA
    - San Fran
    - Salt Lake
    - Home

We have basically everything up to SF figured out, but I am looking for "off the beaten path" or interesting sights to see on the way back from SF, maybe in Utah or Colorado. Since we're taking 80 across to get there, I want to try and find a back route that runs parallel and not too far from I 80 so we can have a different scene on the way back.

Oh I might add that I'm a photographer and one of this is one of the main purposes of taking the trip.

Also, any tips on what types of weather to expect in New Mexico, Grand Canyon, Denver and California (LA & SF) in mid to late October? We're camping it for at least half of the trip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Default Now for Something Completely Different

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

On your way back home, why not check out some of the best of both the United States and Canada. From Salt Lake you can head north on US-89 to Yellowstone and then take US-14/I-90 eastward to Devils Tower and the Badlands. In Wisconsin, turn northeast and go through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, cross back into Canada at Sault Ste Marie and take the Trans-Canada over the north of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay back to Toronto. Just an idea. I've driven all those roads and photographic opportunities abound.

AZBuck
    Last edited by AZBuck; 03-24-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

On your way back home, why not check out some of the best of both the United States and Canada. From Salt Lake you can head north on US-89 to Yellowstone and then take US-14/I-90 eastward to Devils Tower and the Badlands. In Wisconsin, turn northeast and go through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, cross back into Canada at Sault Ste Marie and take the Trans-Canada over the north of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay back to Toronto. Just an idea. I've driven all those roads and photographic opportunities abound.

AZBuck
    Yellowstone starts closing roads and facilities in mid October. Check with the park to see what is still open before heading that way.