1. Default Where to go for 2-3 days from NYC?

My friends and I want to go somewhere in mid April for a few days (2-3). We are open to pretty much anything. I looked at going to DC, Philly, Boston but I am sure there are MANY more interesting cities and places. We don't mind going to several places. Also, how easy or hard is it to find a hotel (motel) that would rent to someone under 21?

Thanks!

Default How many friends & how much $$?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker View Post
    My friends and I want to go somewhere in mid April for a few days (2-3).
    Group road trips generally give me the shudders, but they can be fun if everyone is tolerant and open to cramped conditions. Here's a quiz to get things started and make sure you are all talking about the same kind of road trip.
    Also, how easy or hard is it to find a hotel (motel) that would rent to someone under 21?
    It's kind of difficult -- you can certainly find such places, but you will need to go to the older sections of towns to find them.

2-3 days -- update New York is fun and so is Acadia NP in maine. What kinds of activities/events/locales appeal to you?

Mark

3. Default How is Lake George, NY in early April?

My girlfriend and I decided to got o Lake George, NY for a few days in beginning of April (around 10th). So I wanted to ask how is the area during this time? Are restaurants and attractions already open and if there is anything fun to do while its still pretty chilly outside.

Thanks
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 03-26-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Merged - Please do not create multiple threads about the same trip

Default Plenty

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Restaurants will be open and maybe about half of the local attractions. Most museums and galleries will be open but most historical sites will be closed until May or even June. On the other hand, Albany and the Adirondacks are within an hour and lake Champlain, Burlington and the Berkshires are within two. With a little on-line research into those areas, I don't think you'll have any problem finding things to do, and the lack of crowds during the 'off' season can be a big plus.

AZBuck