1. Default Seattle to LA - how long is reasonable?

Hello all,
    I'm a newbie to this forum but we (a british couple in our 30s) drove Route 66 a couple of years ago and loved it!

As part of our honeymoon next June we were thinking about driving the Pacific Coast Highway and then flying out for a week somewhere tropical!

My fiance however has expressed an interest in starting a bit further north and driving from Seattle to LA.

We have no interest in seeing anything in LA except the airport as we "did LA" at the end of our route 66 trip (it was amazing to see the Santa Monica pier and the pacific ocean) but would definitely like to spend a couple of days in San Francisco.

Two questions - are we missing out if we dont go all the way down to San Diego ? Is Seattle to LA doable in 10 days or do we really need longer?

Thanks!

You can do Seattle to San Diego easily in 10 days. Just go inland and bypass LA, or go through in the middle of the night to avoid the heavy traffic.

Default Congratulations !

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A forums.

As glc said, ten days is enough to enjoy the drive and pick out some of the highlights along the way that appeal to you. Use the search button and have a good look around the forums, there are loads of suggestions out there.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding !

4. Default Seattle to LA - how long is doable?

Hello all,

great forum full of useful info! My fiance and I drove route 66 a couple of years ago and loved every minute of it so cant think of a better way to spend our honeymoon (June 2010) than driving the Pacific Coast Highway. My other half really fancies starting in Seattle and on the basis that we dont want to see anything in LA except the airport, is it possible to make and enjoy the journey in just under 2 weeks?

My other question is would extending the trip to go to San Diego be worthwhile?

your advice would be very much appreciated :-)
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 03-30-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Merged - Please don't create multiple threads about the same trip

5. Default

Apologies for the duplication! It appeared that my first post hadnt worked so i did a second one from home!

Thanks for the response though :-)

Default Research.

My other question is would extending the trip to go to San Diego be worthwhile?
    If that's what you want to do then it's worth it. I havn't been there but it's a very popular destination. As I suggested earlier, do a bit of research and when you have an outline itinerary of places that interest you and your wife to be, post it up and we can help you with piece it together. You might want to look at the possibility of looking at a couple of places inland such as well, such as Crater lake or a night in Yosemite for instance.

I think a trip to San Diego is definitely worth the time, or even La Jolla Cove which is a great place to spend a day.