1. Default Tacoma WA - Reno NV Quick Family Roadtrip

Hello Everyone! Im new at this and I need help :D Me and my family are planning a quick family roadtrip and I'm wondering what are some attractions on the way to Reno from Washington. We have 3 kids an 11 year old, 4 year old and a 3 month old ( I hope we make it! lol) We're taking a short trip to see how the kids will do and hopefully plan on a longer one in the future! We know we will be having alot of rest stops in between so maybe there are kid friendly stops on the way? and at the same time Me and my husband would also enjoy plus we're taking my mother in law with us too! <3 Wish us luck!

If somebody could offer us some advice, we really would appreciate it! :D

Thank you so much!

Tucson, AZ

Default Spend Time Outside the Car

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The trick, I think, to a fun RoadTrip with children (and adults for that matter) is to spend nearly as much time out of the car as in it just driving down the highway. You can start with this list of places to take a break every few hours on the Interstates. Most of your trip will be on I-5, but it might be worthwhile to look at taking short side trips up the Columbia River to say Hood River . You can also take time out to visit the occasional museum such as this one in Eugene. Then as you cut across northern California on CA-89/CA-44/US-395, there's Lassen Volcanic National Park, Just be sure to leave extra time for all the stops that appeal to your family.

3. Default An Attraction to go to....

It has been about 10 years since i been in that area (Northern California/Reno Area) but i do remember my parents took me to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield,CA. Fairfield approx. 5-15 miles outside of Travis Air Force Base, I enjoyed my tour of the the end of the tour you get a free bag of Jelly Bellys..I think your kids will love it especially when they get to put on that fun little paper hat. Plus their is a store located on the first floor where you can buy obviously Jelly Belly's and other souvenirs.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-29-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added a link to the RTA article about Jelly Belly!