1. Default Ohio to California

Hi, we are planning a summer road trip for early June. We live in Cleveland, Ohio and plan on going to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Redwood National Park, through San Francisco, down to Los Angeles and around there and then to Death Valley National Park and onto the Grand Canyon, and eventually back home to Cleveland. These are just some of the major areas we want to visit. We are thinking the trip will take about 2 weeks. I would appreciate and comments or suggestions in regards to saving time or visiting other great spots. My son loves amusement parks.

Thanks, D

Tucson, AZ

Default Full Plate

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You've already got quite the drive ahead of you and a number of destinations that will require a day or 2 each to even get a get a cursory sense of what they're about, so I don't think you should be too eager to go adding places. But certainly, there are places all along your route to take breaks that will re-energize you. But in addition to those some places you might try to squeeze in include Indiana Dunes National Park, Badlands National Park, Devils Tower National Monument, Little Bighorn National Battlefield, Lake Tahoe and Virginia City, Monterey-Carmel and the Big Sur, Las Vegas, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, and the Oregon Trail. I hope that's enough for you!