Default Family Summer Vacation Planning

Here's a plug for one of our generous RTA sponsors.... On most of the pages on this site, you will see an advertisement for a lodging alternative to motels & hotels. When you click on the link you'll be taken to a landing page for VRBO and I encourage you to check it out and kick the tires a bit. The pricing and location of some of these homes is pretty darn attractive and for families, or other large groups, considering summer vacations, one of these rental homes could well be an excellent value.

As with any of the road trip planning services that we discuss on this Forum, we welcome and encourage feedback from you about your experiences.

Mark

Default Brilliant !

Wow !

That's pretty amazing. Within a few moments I found a property in Morro Bay that sleeps 8-10 people from $150 a night, and there are many that cater for smaller groups and couples. A lot of great locations as well, it's certainly something I would consider as I also like my independance, like being able to eat when I want to eat, Lol!

Default I found some in the neighborhood I live in

I found some in the Las Vegas neighborhood I live in as well -- the pricing really looks very reasonable versus the cost of a motel and eating at restaurants and etc.

Here is a comment I received this morning from a long-time RTA reader:

I was looking at the road trip planner that links to the rental by owner site—it’s very user friendly and intriguing. I was looking for pet friendly lodging, and it couldn’t have been more obvious which places would be appropriate. It cost me several hour of sleep, though, as I browsed through all the choices. R.M.
    So, this is a service I am pleased to recommend to our members!

Mark

Default The Secret's Out

My wife and I have used this service for years, and I have mentioned it here from time to time. We are, in fact, using it again now as we plan this fall's trip to the Oregon coast. There are some great deals to be had, and it is a distinctly different way of living from staying in motels. It usually works better, though, if you plan to settle down somewhere and explore an area rather than as a way to find a series of one night stays on a moving RoadTrip.

AZBuck

Default It's a Small World

AZBuck, I never put 2 & 2 together and realized that this was the same service you've used. Very glad to get this feedback! It really is a very well-run travel service.

Mark