1. Default Clueless Traveler!

Hey everyone!

I'm really glad I found this website because I would like to venture across the US but have no idea how to go about it.
    My plan is to start in Boston MA and move west, ending up in CA. I may also start in TX and move northwest from there. Not sure yet. But I have family in TX and since I have seen a good bit of the east coast it would be cheaper and faster for me to start there since my main priority is to see the west.
    I want to give myself two weeks. I think that's enough time?
    I am also planning on doing this alone. I'm in my mid-twenties, it not safe?
    I do not have a car. My plan was to rent one, or take buses. I want to stay as cheaply as possible so parks and campsites will do.
    I want to do this in summer 2010 so I have a long time to plan (and save!).
    As you can see, I'm pretty clueless. Any suggestions or recommended readings or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default foundation

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Sometimes you really just have to start with the basics. Figure out what it is that you really hope to see, how much time and money you'll really have available, and then work onto where you'd most like to start the trip and of course what you'd use for transportation.

A roadtrip can be perfectly safe for a solo traveler, and planning one doesn't have to be all that difficult. Sometimes it helps just to take a step back and look at individual elements, so you don't get too overwhelmed by a great big concept and idea of a roadtrip.