1. Default Snow, when and where to encounter the most?

Unlike most drivers I have encountered, I enjoy driving in adverse weather conditions. I particularly enjoy snow driving.

As the title says, I just want to know your opinion on what route and time of year I could expect to encounter the most snow.

Default Rocky mountains

I would wager you would find the most snow in the Rocky Mountains in the winter. However, in extreme cases, chances are that some of the roads would be closed to through traffic.

Snow driving isn't generally that difficult, with the exception of whiteout conditions. It's the ice/sleet/freezing rain conditions that put up the most challenging scenarios. Still, I wouldn't go out of my way to try and find adverse weather if I can avoid it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Tim View Post
    It's the ice/sleet/freezing rain conditions that put up the most challenging scenarios. Still, I wouldn't go out of my way to try and find adverse weather if I can avoid it.
    I have nothing to contribute beyond this but felt compelled to point out that if you went looking for snow and lost control of your car on black ice you'd probably feel like a fool right before you died. Without traction no AWD/4WD will save you.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 03-08-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Good Neighbor Policy