Default The Old South - Carolina, Georgia, Alabama

Hey, I'm looking for advice on where to go for an upcoming road trip during spring break.

I was thinking of doing Charlotte - Savannah - Atlanta - Birmingham.

We have 5-6 days total and would need to start and end in places with an airport that would fly to Boston/Providence.

I would love some tips on other cities to consider/ omit and maybe a couple cool/quirky site to see along the road. I'm very flexible.

Thanks guys!

Tucson, AZ

Default Quirky is in the Eye of the Beholder

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Probably you're best bet for finding cheap airfares on a roundtrip from Boston is to use a major hub such as Atlanta, but also have a look at regional hubs such as Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham. I took a drive through the Deep South myself a few years ago and some of the places I really enjoyed which you could include on your loop would be the Uncle Remus Museum in Etonton, GA; FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs, GA; and the Old Cahawba archeological site just west of Selma, AL. Other spots that you might want to investigate are Andersonville, GA; Okefenokee Swamp; and the Talladega Scenic Drive in AL as well as the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway in SC. And although I wouldn't call it quirky, Savannah is certainly a charming city and well worth the stop and the time to take a stroll through some of the many Squares for which it is justifiably famous.