1. Default Heading up to Maine and would love stop ideas!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanted to post because I needed some help planning a trip.

My friends and I are graduating from high school this June and, after talking about it, decided we don't want to head down the shore for senior week, since it's very aggravating to find housing that will allow a bunch of 18yos. Since I'm heading up to Maine in July for a fishing for scholarship contest, and I invited them all, we decided to make this trip into a sort of road trip and it'll act as our senior week. Our parents have discussed the trip idea and agreed that we're responsible enough to go on a trip without their supervision, so that's out of the way.

Anyway, here's some tidbits about the trip so far:

- The fishing contest is July 26-27. We haven't figured out how long the trip will be, other then I want to be in Maine by the 24 or 25, just to be safe. If we get there early, I can show them the campus and maybe head down to some of the harbors I've been to.

- We don't want to stop in NYC. We can drive through it, if need be, but we don't want to spend time there.

-As for National Parks, although I would LOVE to stop in one, I'm not sure how everyone else feels about it. I'm pretty positive none of them when to go on hiking adventures, so that's pretty much out. However, we do like to head to Valley Forge occasionally to chill and have picnic type things, so if someone has a park idea, we can do that.

- I want to stop and see Boston. I want to spend maybe two or three days there too.

Like I said before, I want to show them some of the harbors in Maine, since a lot of them are breath taking.

And that's about all I got.

Budget wise, I'm not sure. So far, including me, there's four definite people going. We're working on adding maybe one or two more. So gas and room expenses will be split among us. I want to keep this trip relatively cheap (I mean, you know, I don't want to blow my college savings on this) so I think Boston is the only major city we want to stop in.

So, does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks so much for reading and for any help you can give!

Tucson, AZ

Default My 'Other' Home Town

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There is a ton of stuff to do in Maine, but remember that you'll also have to pass through at least 4 of the 6 New England States on your drive up, so think about what else you may want to see as part of the RoadTrip portion. I have laid out some of my favorite New England destinations elsewhere, so I won't repeat them here. Also have a look at these 26 (or so) attractions in each of the states for more ideas. Also, I list my favorite (and scenic) way around New York here (about halfway through the post). If, after looking through those, you still have questions, I might be able to offer specific suggestions. By the way, I'm a graduate of USM myself, what college are you looking at?