I am driving from SB to Daytona Beach Florida for Bike Week, leaving Monday March 1st and tentatively arriving Thursday morning the 5th, heck maybe even the 4th or 3rd if I have someone to split drive time. I figured if someone else has similar travel needs it might be mutually beneficial to share the drive and the fuel costs. Will be taking a dependable SUV with 'decent' gas mileage (3.0 V-6) and a bike on a rack on the back. I am pretty much taking the 10 the whole way, so any destination along that route, Phoenix, San Antonio, New Orleans, Tallahassee, etc would be doable. Would want to meet first for a bit and see if we'd be compatible couped up in a cage for 4 days and oh yeah, you're not some whack job. A little whacky is okay. Room for you and couple of bags only, although I have roof racks so strapping something up there might work. You'd be responsible for your own lodging, I plan to grab cheapie motel rooms the whole way as they come, and once we're there we part ways, I am staying with a friend. Oh yeah, I smoke, and smoke while I drive. Drive while I smoke, and such. Listen to Howard Stern and such on Sirius, sometimes it's kinda raunchy, so I guess you can't be hypersensitive....?

Will also be slowly meandering back to SB a week later, taking a couple weeks to soak up the south.