1. Default New york to Orlando FL

My wife and I are non flyers and we are visiting the USA at the beginning of May by Cruise Ship

We are planning a 6 night trip from New York to Orlando where we shall stay for 3 weeks
    We shall then return to New York over a 4/5 night period and finish off with 3/4 nights in New York before cruising home to Southampton,Great Britain and then driving home to Scotland

we are looking at around 4-5 hours driving time each day

Any advice on Routes-South and then different route North and stop off places would be very much appreciated

Tucson, AZ

Default One by Land, One by Sea

Ceud měle fŕilte! Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You can do these in any order you want, but as a first cut at two different routes you should be looking at on inland route that generally follows the Fall Line and Appalachian Mountains that would take you through Philadelphia, Washington, Shenandoah National Park, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Atlanta. And then at a coastal route that would include Savannah, Charleston, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, the Delmarva Peninsula and New Jersey Shore. Although it probably will look longer on the map, I think I'd do the inland route on the leg where you have less time, because the Interstates (Motorways) are more readily available should you need to make up time. The coastal route will be a bit slower and as I've described it entails a few ferries.