Thread: Where to stay

1. Default Where to stay

Hi

My partner and I are planning a road trip in April 09. We going to LA for 4 days, LV for 4, San Fran for 2, San diego for 2 and back to LA for 1 night before flying home.

Our dillemma is we don't have a clue where to stay in LA, San fran or San Diego. Theres so much choice we just don't know whats the best for our budget. We've been advised not to stay in LA and to stay in Santa Monica? is this the best thing to do?

Our budget is around $100 a night max but we are looking for bargins so the best value for money but offering the best services in the best locations.

Can anyone help?

Shell
    x

Default Surfing the net.

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A. forums.

Our budget is around $100 a night max but we are looking for bargins so the best value for money but offering the best services in the best locations.
    With different deals on offer and so changeable I would use the search engine and see what you come up. Best location I presume would be nearest to the things you want to do. Put in your location/lodging and see what comes up. The one thing we done was when we found a nice looking hotel[s] that suited our needs on Expedia for example, I would then type in that accommodation to the search engine and quite often the Hotels own site would have a special offer or "price promise" offer, ensuring you get the best deal at that time.

In San Francisco the Lombard street area offers some good value lodgings with quite easy access to Downtown and Fishermans Wharf. I would recommend the Alcatraz tour while in S/F and Pier '39.

One more thought, I was wondering if you had considered going to S/D then L/V to save driving through the urban sprawl of L/A and back after S/F.

Default La

I would agree with with Dave said, with one addition. LA is such a huge area, you should think about what you plan to see in the LA area. For example, if you stayed in Santa Monica but wanted to spend time at Disneyland, you could easily be looking at a 1-2 hour drive from your hotel to the park each way. You may even find that staying in 2 different locations could be worthwhile, again depending upon what you hope to actually see and do in LA.