1. Default Memphis to Lake Tahoe

I am currently a student at a fine college institute and my roommate and I are going to work in Lake Tahoe this summer. We will be leaving Memphis sometime mid May and coming back Mid August. There are 2000 miles between start and finish so I was wondering if some one could help tell us where we must stop. We have never been out to the West before and are very excited. What are some cool things to see on I-40? Ha.

Jtbutter

Default Tahoe in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbutter View Post
    I am currently a student at a fine college institute and my roommate and I are going to work in Lake Tahoe this summer.
    That's a pretty awesome place to spend summer! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I-40 follows a large section of the historic Route 66 and so you might find some of those places fun. Grand Canyon is on the route of course, along with some of these places. How long are you budgeting for your trip. If you drove 8-10 hours per day it will take you about four days....

Mark

3. Default Driving from Memphis to Lake Tahoe and want to camp

I was wondering if some one could help me out. My friend and I are going to lake Tahoe this summer and we want to camp are way out there preferably in some pretty cool areas. We mountain Bike so that would be cool if we would incorporate that into to trip. Anything will help and I would love to get some ones email who could really help me so we could talk about to route more seriously. I am a beginner and totally lost.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 02-26-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Merged - Please Don't Create Multiple Threads About the Same Trip

Default Research.

Hi there,

With thousands of options and not knowing how long you have or what appeals to you it's impossible to help.

Anything will help and I would love to get some ones email who could really help me so we could talk about to route more seriously. I am a beginner and totally lost.
    Well this is what the forums are for, but you need to put in a bit of work to help us help you. I would suggest getting the map out, find things on route that has an interest to you, work out how long you have for the journey and search the forums and roadtrip planning pages for ideas and put an outline itinerary together that we can work on with you to get the best out of your trip.

If you like the outdoors then the National Parks are hard to beat for camping and exploring, you will be within reach of some of the best, including Grand canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon and Yosemite.

Put in the work and you will get the rewards ;-)

Let us know when you have more details and questions.