1. Default im a newbie and lost!

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to this forum/website and am starting to plan a holiday to america for the month of june.

I am travelling with my boyfriend, both of us are 21 with full driving licenses. We plan on flying into San Francisco (yet nothing is booked yet as I want to make everything perfect first!!) June 1st and then the rough idea is to stay there for a few days, then rent a car and travel down to Los Angeles... perhaps detouring to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon along the way. When we get to Los Angeles I would like to travel out to some of the beachy areas santa monica? might also like to do San Diego on the way?
    I want about 5-7 days in Los Angeles city as this is the part I am most excited about and want to all the tours etc there.

We have roughly three weeks to do this and then we fly out to New york for about a week and then home to Ireland.

I am very new to this whole idea so I am looking for help and advice on every aspect. All help will be very much appreciated.

like i said, nothing is booked yet, so please feel free to tell me if you think i should change things.

also, i know many people would fit in national parks etc but i dont think we would be very interested in these type of things
    thank you :)

Green County, Wisconsin

Default a foothold

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Three weeks should give you plenty of flexability to create a trip that works best for what you want to see. There are thousands of posts on this forum that discuss this same basic outline, so I suggest you start by simply looking at some of those ideas, and get a feel for what you'd like to do.

I will say that since you are 21, you will be looking at an extra charge to rent a car, Considering you also want to go to Vegas and the Grand Canyon, it might also make sense to do this as a round trip, and also see Death Valley and/or Yosemite as you head back to San Francisco.