1. Default Need help plannin first road trip

I am starting to plan a roadtrip that 5 of my friends and I are taking in early April, and I am looking for any assistance I can get, as this is a first for all of us. We are all college aged, lookin for fun places to party well as hopefully see new and interesting places, be it beaches, on. We are starting in baltimore and planning to head south. One guy has entertained the idea to fly to the west coast and then road trip california from there...but I'm not sure how cost effective that would be. Any help is greatly appreciated. ..

Green County, Wisconsin

Default cost effective

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Flying to California could be a good idea, but I'm not sure cost effective is a word I'd use to describe it. You'd be dealing with the extra expense of airline tickets, and you'd have to rent a car, which can be very expensive when you are under age 25.

If you're looking to party, I'd think you'd find plenty of possible places in Florida. You might look at going down to Miami, and spending time in the Keys and exploring the everglades, but that's just one of several possible places you could look at going.

I would head down the coast stopping in Virgina beach, Myrtle beach (Great spot to party with spring breakers from all over the east coast and reasonably cheap), Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville, Cocoa Beach (Original RonJon Surf Shop), Miami (South Beach, beautiful women and great clubs and bars), then shot out to one of the keys.

4. Default

seems like, daytona beach, so on is gonna be our best bet. I think we are going to stop in savannah as well, but the stops leading up to that point are still up in the air. Just out of curiosity does anyone have any info about New Orleans? we have been thinkin about checking it out for some time, but we are hesitant to drive all that far without knowing how great of a time it is nowadays.

5. Default Memorable east coast ride

My friends and I are planning a trip from MD down the east coast...possibly including Charlotte, Charleston, Savannah, Knoxville, and a FL city or two, possibly daytona or panama city, and if we can...New Orleans. We are all in our early 20's, looking for the most fun and exciting places. So if anyone could offer any help with unique attractions, restaurants, or activies (such as whitewater rafting, skydiving, bungee jumping, etc) it'd be greatly appreciated. I figure that it'd be easier to get on here and find out from someone who has done it, so we can find the unique experiences that you look for on a road trip, without beating my brains out while searching the web. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by AZBuck; 02-13-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Please do not start new threads for the same trip