1. Default June in California

Hi there

What a great site to find. Just booked holiday for myself and partner

I am flying into San Francisco on 6th June and picking up convertible car rental at the airport. so first question how easy is it to get to Union Square (where my hotel is).

Going to spend 6 days based there, so wondered about some day trips out to Sacremento and Napa Valley

Then driving down to Yosemite for 4 days hiking and riding, what is the most scenic route.

After that finishing up with a few nights in Carmel, so wondered what sort of day trips can be had from there

Then with finish drive back from Carmel to San Francisco airport.

Will take lots of photos and keep a diary to report back here when we get back

South of England.

Default In for a treat !

Hello and welcome to R.T.A.

The 101 is situated right by the airport and takes you Downtown. Someone might come by with a locals route but I would stick on 101 instead of going on 80 [James lick skyway]and trying to find the right ramp off there.[It's an option but I don't know it] As 101 turns into Van Ness Ave it passes City hall. I think it's the third main junction is O Farrel street, turn right and it heads towards Union SQ.

Across the Golden gate in a convertible, cool! I would recommend a boat trip to Alcatraz which is worth booking up in advance and soak up the atmosphere on Pier'39.

The drive to Yosemite is fairly average untill you get near the park and then it just keeps getting better. We entered from the120 through Groveland that takes you on the scenic Priests grade, you could then leave via El Portal and Mariposa to Carmel.
    Be sure to drive up Glacier point and over Tioga pass, providing it is open at the time.
    From Carmel you will be able to explore Big Sur and the State parks and Hearst castle is a must do.

Will take lots of photos and keep a diary to report back here when we get back
    We always enjoy hearing about people adventures, have fun.