1. Default Planning a summer solo motorcycle road trip

I was very exited to find this forum. Well, I have never hit the roads here in the US. But, have a decent number of miles under my belt.

I am from India and am going to stay in the US until the end of this summer. I am an avid motorcycle fan and have always wanted to see the US by road. I am planning for a one-way road trip this summer: Cincinnati>LV>SF>LA and probably catch up with some of my relatives on the way.

I had a couple of questions to begin with. Was hoping you guys could help me out.

1) Can I find some kind of place where I can rent a motorcycle for a couple of weeks say and then drop it off at my final destination?
    2) What about camping gear. I was actually hoping to find some kinda organization that caters to such needs.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

I did a quick Internet search and found Eagle Rider, which appears to allow one-way motorcycle rentals and to have locations in many major cities.

REI offers rentals on various types of outdoor gear, though the offerings differ in each location.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default camping gear

Honestly, I really don't think its worth it to rent camping gear. I'd simply buy it and then donate it or get rid of it when you were done with your trip. First of all, there's just not much of a market for camping gear rental, especially for a one way trip like this. (If you were looking for an outfitter for a specific area you might have more luck) Basic camping gear doesn't cost that much, although you may want to spend a little more for space saving/backpacker-type gear since you are on a motorcycle. I'd bet that the cost of simply buying gear would not really be any different from renting gear, and then you wouldn't have to worry about potentially damaging/paying for someone elses camping gear.

4. Default

What dates are you looking at?? I am planning a trip too.

South of England.

Default Long gone.

Hi Hash and welcome to the RTA forums !

It's good that you are searching the forums and finding relevant threads to you, but if you check the dates you will notice that this thread is over 7 years old. If you need any suggestions or questions answered for your own trip then please start your own thread in the relevant forum.