Default Yellowstone to Bryce Canyon Roadtrip - Advice please

Hi All

A few years ago I received great advice on this forum when planning a roadtrip from Vegas to San Francisco via Death Valley, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe. We had the best time and have decided its time to plan another American roadtrip!

I'm at the very early stages of planning and tossing a few ideas around. At the moment I'm looking at the possibility of a trip from Yellowstone to Bryce Canyon. Has anyone ever done this? We've got two weeks and from the limited research I've done this seems more than achievable - I almost feel I need to add more things in!

So in summary I'm looking for any advice on whether this sounds like a good option, and whether there is anywhere else we could add into this trip.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default lots

Welcome (back) to the RTA Forum!

2 Weeks will certainly make it easy to visit Yellowstone and Bryce, and fit in some other things along the way. I'm guessing you'd fly into Salt Lake City? That would be the most central location, but doing a loop from a more distant location, like Vegas or maybe Denver might also be possible.

As far as other things to do, it will depend upon how much time you want to dedicate at Yellowstone/Tetons and Bryce. The Mountain West is filled with amazing areas, like Zion, Arches, Great Basin, or Craters of the Moon, any of which could fit into your two week trip. I think I would simply look at the National Parks website, and take a look at all of the choices you'll have available and start to see what other things catch your interest.

Tucson, AZ

Default Yes - More than Achievable

Two weeks is quite enough time for a very nice RoadTrip trip from Yellowstone to Bryce Canyon, although one could easily spend that amount of time just inside either of those parks and not exhaust everything there is to do. There is also plenty more to see in between those two great locations. In fact you have two options for your general route between them, both of which have plenty to see and do. One route is down US-89, (described previously) and the other is a bit more circuitous but equally rewarding. You would leave US-89 south of Jackson WY and take US-189 past the sites of the Green River Rendezvous and the Old Mormon Ferry and use WY-372 to cut over to Green River. From there WY-530 and UT-44 will bring you down through Flaming Gorge to US-191, Vernal UT, and Dinosaur National Monument . Continue down US-191 to Arches National Park and then backtrack just a bit to head west on I-70 to UT-24/UT-12 through Capitol Reef National Park to Bryce Canyon.

As you can see, you will not be at a loss for things to see and do on this trip. Just be sure to leave time to get to whichever airport you're using for your departure!

Thanks to you both - exactly the pointers I was looking for! I love planning these trips so I'm off to look through all the links you've included.

Thanks for your help!