Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Help! Vegas In June Timeshare But Want To Sightsee

Hi I am new to RTA. So far I love it!!!

Travelers: My hubby, self, & 2 kids (15/12)

We have this 1 week timeshare we bought over a year ago. Of all the locations we thought Vegas since we have never been there. I looked up the weather & June seems like the coolest.

The rental is a week & I figure we can take 3 more days. I have airline miles so I can travel in to one airport & leave from another. I do not care for San Francisco as we already went in 2007 summer.

We love nature so we have to see Grand Canyon & some of the parks I have seen RTA postings on Zion, Death Valley, Bryce.

Can anyone help set up the trip for me as how we can maximize our time & see the most we can in the 10 days keeping in mind 7 will be in Vegas. I have 2 choices as where to stay they offer either West Gate at Flamingo Bay or Planet Hollywood Towers on the strip.

HELP PLEASE!!
    Thanks< Carol

Default max

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Its hard to tell anyone else how to maximize a trip, but there are several options that you could pick from. You could do a loop trip, where you head out to Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, maybe even Monument Valley or the other National Parks in Utah. You could also loop out to the west, and check out Death Valley, Sequoia NP, and Yosemite.

Or if you want to really make the most of your time at the time share, you could simply take several daytrips and return to Vegas each night.

Default The coolest of what?

Quote Originally Posted by tcce4 View Post
    I looked up the weather & June seems like the coolest.
    Day time temps will be 110 degrees and the night time temps will be in the mid-90's....
    I have 2 choices as where to stay they offer either West Gate at Flamingo Bay or Planet Hollywood Towers on the strip.
    Flamingo Bay is a pretty ordinary setting -- quite a ways from the strip -- and the Planet Hollywood Towers is still under construction -- if the Towers are really ready for your trip in June (doubtful) that would be my first choice!

Mark

Default Day trips.

Hi,

With 7 days in Vegas, here is a link to the very best Day trips from Vegas.
    Your 3 remaining days will be well spent at the Grand canyon [2 nights] and you can either return to Vegas for your flight home, which will save any one way drop off charge on your car rental, or head to Phoenix and fly out from there.

Dave.

5. Default

Thanks for the reply.

I like the loop idea. Can you help set up?
    Maybe 2 days in Utah then drive to Vegas do the day trips staying the 7 nights or cutting 1 night drive to Pheonix stay 1-2 nights & fly out of there.
    With my miles I am ok I have enough to cover the airfare.
    What would be the suggested places to see & itinerrary?

Thanks again!

Default Well, we don't set up trips for people

But we do try to give people as much information as possible so they set up their own trips with the right knowledge to have a great time. You've been given some links to check out with good information, as well as other good tips in the posts here.

Are you planning on flying into Vegas and out of Phoenix? You could or you could fly roundtrip out of either one, too, and still make a nice loop drive. I think I'd use the airport that gives me the best use of my air miles plus has flights at the times that most appeal to me and then plan from there.

This is how I'd do it. Of course, you could start/end this trip in either Phoenix or Vegas. But there are lots of other things you could do depending on your interests.

We could better advise you if you share what kinds of things your family likes to do and see. Give us some more information so we can help you better while, at the same time, reviewing the information we've already given you. This post might also give you some good ideas.

Keep asking questions and happy planning!

Default A little confused.

Hi there, I would just like to clarify.

If you have bought a weeks time share in Vegas will you not be wanting to use that as a base in which to travel from ? A loop trip is a good idea but will take several days to enjoy and would mean adding extra expense for extra accommodations when you have already paid for your own. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to pay twice.

Dave.

Default Self Service

As Judy indicated, this is a forum where we can provide tips and advice for people looking to build a road trip. If you want someone to completely plan or set up an itinerary, then you should contact a travel agency.

I'm not really sure why you're planning to go to Phoenix right now, unless you simply want to spend a few days there. If it were me, and I was looking to spend a few days driving after a week in Vegas, I think I would look to be heading into Utah and check out the National Parks there. You could either loop back to Vegas or continue onto Salt Lake City if you would prefer to fly back from a different location.

Default My suggestion, but..............

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I'm not really sure why you're planning to go to Phoenix right now.
    But only to fly out from to save returning to Vegas as the Grand canyon was a "have to see" location by the OP with only 3 days to spare.

We love nature so we have to see Grand Canyon
    how we can maximize our time & see the most we can in the 10 days keeping in mind 7 will be in Vegas
    Maybe 2 days in Utah then drive to Vegas do the day trips staying the 7 nights or cutting 1 night drive to Phoenix stay 1-2 nights & fly out of there.
    I am still a little confused as there is no G/C here though so no real need to fly out of Phoenix.

10. Default

Thanks Judy I like your suggestion. I am going to work from it!!!