1. Default JUNE HONEYMOON ROAD TRIP --- LA to LA ROUNDTRIP 17 NIGHTS

Hello everyone, hope you are all well. This is my first post and it's a BIG one.
    My fiance and i are planning our Honeymoon for June this year. We arrive in LA at the start of June and are planning to travel for 17nights taking in San Fran, San Diego, Palm Springs, Vegas, Yosemite and all the nice places in between arriving back in LA. We then fly to Miami for two nights then on to a honeymoon resort for a week (hush hush) then back to sunny Scotland.

I'm looking for help on planning my route and time scales at each destination, and of course any of those "Special" locations along the way.

p.s how much would we expect to pay for two single flights from LA to Miami.

Thanks in advance

2. Default

Hello fellow Scot!

Not much help, but from watching a lot of American sport on the internet, the adverts tell me that Southwest Airlines do good deals for internal flights, might be worth checking them out for the LA/Miami flights.

Best of luck!

Default very popular

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The general route you are talking about is Very Popular on this forum, with several thousand pages dedicated to it. I'd recommend starting here and take a look around at some of the many good ideas that are already on this forum.

One thing to keep in mind, Tioga Pass to get across the Sierra through Yosemite National Park typically doesn't open for the season until May or June, so it would be possible that the route won't yet be open when you travel. It all depends on the weather, so you'll have to monitor that as you get closer to your travel dates.

Flight prices jump around a lot, so its hard to narrow anything down to specifics, but I'd take a guess that you'll be looking at $200-300 each for a one way flight. Although you might find a better deal on certain days or with a discount carrier.

If you book now (online only), you can fly from LAX to FLL for $210.80 each including all fees and taxes on Southwest. I picked June 23 for the date for my research. It's a flight with 2 intermediate stops. This is a nonrefundable fare. AirTran can get you from LAX to MIA, changing planes in ATL, for $217.20. AA and Alaska Airlines have nonstops for $241.60.

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    If you book now (online only), you can fly from LAX to FLL for $210.80 each including all fees and taxes on Southwest. I picked June 23 for the date for my research. It's a flight with 2 intermediate stops. This is a nonrefundable fare. AirTran can get you from LAX to MIA, changing planes in ATL, for $217.20. AA and Alaska Airlines have nonstops for $241.60.
    It was my complaining to the hostel manager, where I was staying, about the discrimination so many North American transport companies practice against those without US issued credit cards, that she adviced me to go and see a travel agent nearby.

I did.

The very flight I had seen as an 'internet only' for a given price, was actually quoted $40 less at the travel agency.

And I had not told them what the internet quoted me. All I did was ask for their best price for that particular day, for that particular trip... any carrier.