1. Default

I contacted them today. Alamo do still have the young drivers package but you now have to phone and ask for it instead of adding it on when booking online. It takes off the $25 a day, but the insurance is higher, I assume. I think it's worth having so for all the young drivers wanting to go on a roadtrip, ask about the alamo gold young driver package.
    :)

This was copied from a planning thread here.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 01-06-2009 at 11:04 AM.

2. Default

I rang Alamo today and they denied all knowledge of a young drivers package!

Do you think it is worth phoning back and speaking to someone else (hopefully) to try to get a different response?

Me and my partner both want to drive when we do our roadtrip so it looks like it's going to cost us $50 a day extra eek!

Default It coudn't hurt to try someone else

And these types of promotions change regularly so what isn't available this week, maybe available next week.

You might try the other major rental agencies like Hertz, Avis, National, Dollar, etc. too.

Jerry Guest

Me and my partner both want to drive when we do our roadtrip so it looks like it's going to cost us $50 a day extra eek!
    You might want to check with the car rental company about having two underage drivers. From my research, I've found that while car rental companies will allow an underage renter, all additional drivers (including a spouse) must be 25 or over. I'll have to check into that some more!

5. Default

I spoke to carhire3000 about the alamo young drivers package a few days ago, and it is still there. Without the young drivers package, it would've cost about an extra couple of hundred for the rental, but for a month car hire we were quoted around £850 if I remember rightly.

Default Did you book it?

If not, you might want to get on that to lock in the good price. I'm not sure if this applies to car rental agencies but, quite often, special deals for hotel rooms, flights, etc. are limited to a certain percentage of rooms/seats. It's possible that you might lose the deal if you sit on it.

7. Default

As I understood many promotions depends on where you reside o on which site you book... You may save some money just by trying to see different versions .com, uk.com, ect. In november we booked with Europcar from UK site and the deal was only there! On the site of enoleggio http://www.enoleggioauto.it/( italian version of http://www.carhire3000.com/) there was such promotion for young drivers, but I thought it was from National.