1. Default Spring Break, WI to FL

Hi everyone
    A few of my friends and I are starting to think about what we want to do for spring break this year. We are trying to round up 4 girls or more and are all in our second or third year of college. We are on a tight budget and would like to spend around 500 dollars. One of our options is a road trip starting in WI (where we all live) and heading down to FL. We were thinking about going to Panama City Beach, and maybe the Orlando Area. Does anyone have some good ideas of what to do and where to stay so we can get the most for our money? We were also thinking of getting a last min. travel deal maybe going over to europe, or down to mexico.
    I would like to hear your idea, and see what you think about last min deals. would we be able to find a cheap one around 500 dollars?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default each

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I assume the $500 is for each person? How long is your spring break?

I think Europe is out of the question with that budget, and even Mexico would be very tough to find a flight that would leave much left over.

A roadtrip certainly would be a possibility, but especially if you are looking at more than 4 people, you'll have to think about what options you have for transportation that will fit a large group for a long distance drive. I'm sure you can find a way to make a trip work within a budget.

Otherwise, you might be able to find a great flight deal to Florida or Vegas and go from there, however, since I assume you'll all be under 25, renting a car to get around once you land could start hurting your budget.

3. Default Spring Break 09, WI to ...? (we need some help)

So, I posted a thread a while ago about road trip ideas. I think I have a little bit better Idea of what i'm looking for now.

It looks like its going to be me and one of my best friends heading on a road trip this spring break. Our break is March 13-21. We will be leaving from WI... with the weather up here our main goal is to reach some sun! We are pretty much open to going anywhere and looking to make this trip as cheap as possible. We would really like to see some cool towns along the way and just see new things. We are college students and would like to hit a little of the Spring Break party, but seeing cooler things is on the top of our list. For lodging we will probably bring along a tent or sleep in our car. It would be awesome if we could make this trip under $500.

Ideas of places to go would be great! We can use all the help we can get!

Our main question is
    How far south do we have to go that time of year to reach weather warm enough to lay out in the sun?
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 01-06-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Merged - Please keep all questions about the same trip in the same thread

Green County, Wisconsin

Default forecasting

You still haven't said if your budget is $500 total or $500 each. Its a very big difference. One will give you quite a few options, the other will make your trip very difficult. There are lots of things you can do to cut costs, but ultimately traveling for a week costs money. There are also things that become counter-productive. For example, sleeping in a car would save money, but there is no way for 4 people to comfortably sleep in a car, which means you'll always be tired and not have a good time - being packed into a car 24/7 like a sardine without any place to take a break also isn't very good for friendships

Weather in march can still be a bit fickle, but you'll have plenty of spring break company if you head to the panama city area. That's probably the closest beach possibility. Really, there are good times to be had for spring break almost anywhere along the Florida Coast.

5. Default

We are looking at $500 for each person, and it looks like instead of 4 There will only be two of us. Panama City Beach was one of our options, but we are looking to do a little more site seeing then partying.