Default Honeymoon Road Trip- New York to Florida!

Hi all,

my future husband and I are planning a road trip from New York to Florida, in Florida we plan to take a Caribbean cruise for a week. We start our journey flying from Shannon or Dublin Airport in Ireland. We have never driven in the States so we need lots of help.

I'm hoping to get ideas and tips from you all!!

Many thanks :)

Tucson, AZ

Default Triathalon

Céad Míle Fáilte! Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

So, you're going to be combining flying, driving and cruising. Sounds like a great honeymoon to me, as long as you take your time with the driving part and really relax on your way down to Florida. I would hope that you are allowing at least 4 days (a week would be much better) for the drive. The more time you have, the more things you will get to see. If this will be your first visit to America, then some of the places I'd suggest you look at for possible stops on the way down would include Washington DC, Annapolis MD, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Charleston SC, Savannah GA, and the Kennedy Space Center. The American east coast is a mix of large cities, un'improved' coast line, quaint old towns and preserved wildlife refuges, so there should be something for you no matter what your tastes. If you prefer, you can spend at least part of your time inland following the Appalachian Mountains using the wonderful two-lane Blue Ridge Parkway and visiting Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains National Parks. It's all up to you. If you have particular interests or a limiting time frame, speak up and perhaps we can be of a bit more specific assistance.