1. Default Winter trip to Phoenix AZ

Hello out there this is my first time on this site and I was wondering if I could get advice on my first road trip to Phoenix. I would like to make getting there part of the trip. Is there sites I should see along the way. Please all advice is greatly appreciated. Frank

Default Step One

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Everyone needs a starting point, and for us to have one to help you with your trip, you're going to have to tell us the location from where you are planning to start your adventure.

It will also be helpful to know how much time you'll have for the trip, what sorts of things you are interested in, and any other information that can tell us about how you like to travel.

3. Default

To Midwest Michael thanks for the reply I will be starting from Buffalo NY and heading to Phoenix for a week. The only time frame I have is to be in Florida for the month of March. I would like to take my time going down to Phoenix and catch a few interesting sites along the way there and also on the way to Florida. I'm pretty much open to most national sites if any and I would like to see some of your historical homes if possible.
    Frank

Default I'm a little confused

Is the trip to Florida going to be part of the trip to Arizona?
    It sounds like you want to head from Buffalo to Phoenix, then from there back to Florida. Is this correct?

5. Default

I'm sorry for the confusion I have a friend in Phoenix so I thought I would drive down to his home there for a week and then leave his home and go to Florida for the month of March and then back to Buffalo taking as much time as I need to get there and then to Florida. Along the way I would like some advice as to where to stop and catch some sites as I have never traveled in that direct before. I usually go to Florida for a month or two and then back home to Buffalo.I hope this clears up the confusion.

Default A bit more info.

Hi George,

You have a lot of options open to you and it would help if we knew of your interests.
    The journey itself could be done over 5 days which would be aprox 8-9 hours a day travelling.
    Of course you could make the trip longer and do some exploring of the many wonderful National parks in the West. One option would be too head from St Louise to Denver and explore the wonders of Colorado, Utah and Arizona which will take you from the Alpine splendour of the Rockies, through desert scenery, many N.P'S and the chance to spend a couple of nights at the Grand canyon en-route to Phoenix.

Have a look around the forums and in the planning pages [in the green bar at top of page] for some ideas. Once you have put an outline trip together let us know and we can help you piece it together and make it a road trip for you to remember !

Dave.

7. Default

I'm new to the boards as well.

I currently reside in southern Maryland and have been wanting to make a trip out to Arizona for quite awhile now. I decided I'd rather drive then fly simply because I want to actually see stuff on the way. I'm really hoping to see Monument Valley as well as the Grand Canyon.

I was just curious if any of you on here have actually made a journey like this before. I know it'll take me awhile, but I've just never made myself go through with a trip this long.

Default You can't beat the open road !

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper OCheez View Post
    I'm new to the boards as well.
    Hi Trooper, Welcome to the R.T.A. forums !

I currently reside in southern Maryland and have been wanting to make a trip out to Arizona for quite awhile now. I decided I'd rather drive then fly simply because I want to actually see stuff on the way. I'm really hoping to see Monument Valley as well as the Grand Canyon.

I was just curious if any of you on here have actually made a journey like this before. I know it'll take me awhile, but I've just never made myself go through with a trip this long
    You are in good company, we all prefer the roadtrip here ! ;-)

Many people have done cross country journey's and you will find lots of info by searching the forums and taking a look around the Roadtrip planning pages to get you started. Your actual drive will be close to 2500 miles each way depending on start and finish points. You could do this direct in 5 days each way travelling 9-10 hours a day with short stops and a comfortable pace, so you need to build from there.

How long are you planning to be on this road trip ? If you have any other questions regarding stops, places to see e.t.c. then please just ask.

Dave