1. Default Road Trip CA --> AZ...Need Ideas?

Hello, I am planning my spring roadtrip. I live in Ventura County, CA. I have about 3 or 4 nights to work with. I have a family house in Lake Havasu, AZ so I thought I would use that as the first night stay to base the trip off. It looks like a tour of mostly AZ with maybe NV and CA on mixed in.

This is my first road trip. I am looking for anyone that has done this before to recommend some main stops to spend the night and sightseeing along the way. I would want to keep the travel to a max of 300-350 per day to leave room for site seeing. The first leg is taken care of.

1st leg - Ventura County ---> Lake Havasu, AZ (~350miles) (spend night)
    The rest is open to reccommendations.

Some spots I thought of include Grand Canyon, Pheonix, Arizona Meteor Crator...these are just ideas.

Please comment. I am looking for some good tips. Thanks!!

Tucson, AZ

Default Three Days from Lake Havasu

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, given that you can make use of your own house in Lake Havasu City for the first and last night of your tip, and have maybe a couple more nights to spend 'somewhere else'. I'd suggest that you start by heading up to the Grand Canyon from Lake Havasu, plan on taking pretty much a full day there, then spend your second night in or near Flagstaff. The next day, you could see at least some of: Meteor Crater, Sedona, Tuzigoot National Monument, and Jerome, finishing up in the Prescott area for the night. Your last day in Arizona finish up seeing anything you missed the previous day as well as Agua Fria National Monument and Montezuma Castle National Monument before finishing up back in Lake Havasu and a final night's sleep before heading home

Melbourne, Australia

Default Oak Creek Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post or near Flagstaff. The next day, you could see at least some of: Meteor Crater, Sedona.....

When driving from Flagstaff to Sedona (or vice versa) be sure to take the route through Oak Creek Canyon. A little slower, but oh so scenic and beautiful.

Lifey who is grateful the AAA lady told her to do it

South of England.

Default Utah?

Great suggestions above but I thought I would throw Utah into the mix as an option.

Lake Havasu > Grand canyon south rim. Leave by the East entrance along Desert view drive that has spectacular viewpoints and then up through Page to Zion N.P. staying in the lovely little town of Springdale. It would be possible to visit Bryce canyon on the way but that would push you for time with your schedule.
    From there either return to Lake Havasu, stop the night in Vegas or start heading towards home and have a trip across Death valley.

What ever you decide, if you visit the G/C be sure to enter by the South entrance and leave by the East on the 64 before heading North towards Page or South towards Flagstaff.

5. Default Great responses, thanks!

Thank you for the great ideas! I didnt even think of staying a second night at the Havasu house as my last night. That might even add the option to stay an additional night because I would have to worry about another hotel stay.

I will look into these routes, including the Utah option. Time to get the map out. Thanks!

Any more comments keep them coming. This is sounding like a great first road trip!