1. Default Pensacola, FL to Las Vegas, NV ROADTRIP...

I am planning a road trip Feb 6th- Feb 18th (yes, i said 13 days) starting in the great panhandle of Florida. I am open to any route but need to make it to Vegas for a concert Feb. 14th (yay Puscifer) and then back home to return to work on the 19th.

I have yet to make it out west so this will be a first...

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Tucson, AZ

Default Hurry Home, But Take Your Time Going

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, let's deal with the easy part first, and that's your drive home. You have four days for this and that is precisely how long it will take by the shortest route possible. That would be US-93 from Las Vegas to Kingman, AZ and then I-40 to Amarillo. From there, US-287 to Dallas, I-20 to Shreveport, I-49 to Lafayette and I-10 the rest of the way to Pensacola. Overnight stops would be roughly: Gallup, NM; Amarillo, TX; and Shreveport, LA.

On the way out, with 8-9 days to play with, you can wander a bit farther afield and see a good bit more. I'd suggest I-10 to Phoenix as a basic route, but you are certainly free to go a bit afield. Some of the highlights along that basic route are the bayous of south Louisiana, Austin, the Alamo and River Walk in San Antonio, Big Bend National Park, Carlsbad and Kartchner Caverns, White Sands National Monument, Tombstone, Saguaro National Park and the Sonoran Desert Museum in Tucson, the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.Each of those would be possible on your west bound leg, but perhaps not all of them.

3. Default

any ideas on some highways and/or biways?? I want somewhat of an adventure, if you will!

thanks for the reply

Tucson, AZ

Default Adventures Don't...

...come with instruction manuals. That's why I tried to just give you a general route (I-10) and some suggestions for your trip west. I'm still going to refrain from telling you what to do and instead encourage you to find your own route and roads so that this adventure is yours. There is certainly no shortage of scenic highways and byways between Pensacola and Las Vegas. A few of the best would be the Creole Nature Trail in South Louisiana, US-90 which runs parallel to I-10 through much of Texas, the Coronado Trail Scenic Byway - US-191 on the eastern edge of Arizona, andthe Red Rock Scenic Byway in the central part of the state. String these together with roads of your own choosing for a trip that fits you.

5. Default

Thanks! I am google'n right this moment!! GREAT ADVICE!