1. Default Any tips on where to travel in the USA?

So, here is my deal.

I live in Orlando Florida. I've been to a couple of places when I was kida. Namely. The Grand Canyon and the Hoover damn. Went to the Carlolinas a bit, and to Atlanta, and of course all over florida. But i have about six days to travel. between Jan 1-7th. I wanted to do a short road trip to somewhere and back, but I honestly don't know where to go, exactly. I'm not worried about travelling or roughing it, because I went through India last summer. And my travel urges have started acting up, so I want to go somewhere new.

That being said, does anyone have ideas?????

Thanks

Ryan

Default your tastes

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Of course any trip is going to depend more on what you want to do than anything else. When you consider the millions of potential destinations, without knowing what it is you are looking to do, any suggestions would be nothing much more than a guess.

Having said that, with a week, you're somewhat limited in how far afield you can go. Since you've traveled up towards the Carolinas, perhaps you should head toward destinations along the gulf coast, Like New Orleans or Texas. You could also look at heading a little ways up the Mississippi River to Places like Memphis or St. Louis.

I probably wouldn't recommend trying to go much beyond than that or you'll start spending all of your time driving, and almost no time exploring.

3. Default

I went to the Smokies in late October a couple of years ago, and it was quite beautiful. I'm not sure how they'd look in January, but that's easily a short trip away. You could get a cabin in the off-peak season.

Funny idea, but take out a map, and randomly pick places. 1-6, or 2-12, and roll dice to pick your destination. There's places all over MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, TN, and LA that are beautiful, even if they may not be tourist hotspots.

Sykotyk