1. Default bathing and washing clothes on the road.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice as to how to stay clean while on the road, as well as how to clean your clothes? I've thought about the shower thing, and found some info on the internet, but I have no idea as to how to wash my clothes on the go! Keep in mind that I will be traveling in a van, with one other person, and trying to avoid staying in hotels. Any advice would be great!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 12-07-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: linked to previous thread

Green County, Wisconsin

Default An easy one

Many campgrounds have shower facilities, and quite a few also have laundry facilities. I'd go so far as to say they are typical in private campgrounds, and very common in state parks. Except for National Forest and BLM-type primitive campgrounds they will be easy to find.

In those cases where you are staying places that don't have those features, 99% of towns in the US have a laundromat, and truck stops also have shower facilities and most big ones also have some laundry facilities too.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Not too hard

I don't think you'll find it difficult to locate a laundromat anywhere in the country. I live in a small town (total population of around 4500 people between two "villages") and we have two. It's very doubtful you'll have to resort to beating your clothes against a rock in a stream off a back road.