1. Default Utah RV Trip - cruiseamerica vx. el monte

Hi All,

We're planning a summer 10 day rv trip around utah probably hitting bryce, zion, arches, and a fourth location to be decided. Any experience with either crusieamerica or el monte RVs out of salt lake city? There are 5 of us so we will probably end up going with around a 30' class C. Cruise Americal seems a little less expensive than el monte but I read some really bad things about Cruise America though I realize those may be location specific. So, I was hoping to hear some first hand experience about both of these companies specifically in the slc area. Were the units clean and well maintained? Did they provide adequate ammenities (bed sheets, pillows etc)? Thanks for any help.

Robert
    Last edited by robert1; 12-04-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Default Heads or tails.

Hi Robert and welcome to the R.T.A forums.

Cruise Americal seems a little less expensive than el monte but I read some really bad things about Cruise America though I realize those may be location specific.
    They are the two largest R.V rental companies in the States with thousands of rentals going out daily so I guess you will always get a mixed bag of personal experiences with either one but generally speaking they know there stuff. [Or at least you would hope so]
    I haven't experience with either as our first R.V. rental was with a small family company [no good for Salt lake] but I have recently booked with Cruise America using one of there "Hot deals" offers [free nights]that made them considerably cheaper than El Monte for our rental.
    Both offer very similar rentals [if not the same] just check out all the extra costs such as how many "free" miles are included and bedding and kitchen kit charges e.t.c.

I don't like all the advertising on the Cruise America vans but I can live with it for saving a few hundred dollars ;-)

If you need any more info just ask.

Dave