Default Windshield Question

It has come to the time of year that I find myself traveling the backroads of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas in the cold and rain of December and often at odd hours. It was pouring rain last night and a disturbing phenomenon occurred. Whenever I passed an oncoming vehicle that was taller than me his front lights would reflect off of my windshield and make it difficult for me to see the road. I think that it's the streaks on it that aren't visible under normal conditions, but late at night on a dark road they became a hazard.

So my question. What do y'all use to clean your windshields to keep the streaks away or is this something that I'm just going to have to deal with?

I use Stoner's Invisible Glass. It's available at auto parts stores and in the automotive section of Walmart. I also use Rain-X treatment and Rain-X washer fluid.

Default Rain X.

Over here we use windscreen treatment products such as "rain X" or "duxback" which cleans the screen and leaves a teflon type coating that makes the water bead [just like when you have waxed your paintwork]. It tends to leave a streak free wipe and while on the go the water gets blown off and you don't have to use your wipers in some cases. I am pretty sure you will get them or a similiar product your side of the pond. Of course it's important your wiper blades are in good condition as well.

There are different types of "Rain-X". The classic treatment is what I use - they have a "2 in 1" which also cleans, but it tends to leave a film. The classic treatment works best on a squeaky clean windshield. I also use Bosch Icon wiper blades, they are the best I've found. The Rain-X washer fluid helps to "boost" the treatment.

Rain-X is not a coating per se - it actually fills in the microscopic pores in the glass. The "2 in 1" seems to be more like a coating and is more likely to streak.

Default Auto Zone here I come

Thanks for the suggestions I will look for those. One other thing. Do those work for the inside as well? Or do I need to find something else?

I never realized how dirty my windshield was until last night. I was starting to curse the person who designed the SUVs so that the lights shined right into my eyes. Gah - 18 wheelers don't do that.

Default Just a note

In my last car, I tried the Rain-X anti-fog which actually seemed to make the problem worse. This is applied to the interior of the window. However, the externally applied regular Rain-X product worked well, enough to reduce the glare and vision issues I was having due to that car's scratched windshield.
    The scratches would always be an issue during rainy nights.

But more of an issue would be fog on the windshield, so I'd usually keep the defogger on at night. I'm still looking for the perfect product to clean the inside of my windshield.

Default Defrost

Living in Louisiana means that this is almost always on. Especially early morning, late at night and during rain storms. I had that going full blast last night and it definitely helped. I'm going to go and play at Auto Zone and try out some Rain-X. I've got two more trips to Arkansas coming up within the next 1.5 weeks and none of the roads to Arkansas are good.

I'm not very far away from you here in SE Texas. Fogged windows are a huge problem. Not only does it cause a hassle, the moisture will leave a film of sediment behind everytime it evaporates. Eventually, you can end up with an alkalytic scale on the outside of the glass.

The Stoner's does a fantastic job on the inside. I carry a bottle in the truck along with a roll of paper towels.

If you have a fogging problem, I was just over at Harbor Freight this afternoon and saw a "chamois sponge" that claimed to be exactly for that.