Thread: Truck Camping

Default Truck Camping

I'm interested in truck camping this coming spring. The problem is I do not know what type of equipment I should use. I need suggestions on how to build an elevated platform for the back of my chevy pickup, type of gear to use etc. I have not been able to find many sites on this type of camping. Any help would be great.

Default A number of companies specialize in this field

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I'm interested in truck camping this coming spring. The problem is I do not know what type of equipment I should use.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! If you can find any back issues of Overland Journal Magazine -- they have several issues detailing exactly the kind of gear you might be thinking of. Some other resources -- JC Whitney has a whole line of products developed for truck campers -- here is a place to start. These folks probably have the most innovative tent designs I have seen in recent years,

Most of the companies I know that do custom bed kits don't provide the how-to information on the web. But perhaps some of our members will have some ideas for you.