phillipsmark5 Guest

Default Need a good budget hotel to stay in San Diego

I am a media student and I need to submit a project on the night life of San Diego. I am looking for a place to stay in San Diego. Due to the upcoming festive season I need to book the room in advance. Can anyone suggest me a good hotel that suits my budget and it must be close to the night-out venues? Guys, I am looking forward to your suggestions.

South of England.

Default Cool project

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A. forums.

I can't help with any personal recommendations [but maybe someone can] but the only advice I can offer is to search the Internet for good deals and Trip advisor for reviews. These deals alter all the time so a good deal that may of been had a couple of months ago might not be the best one now.

I am a media student and I need to submit a project on the night life of San Diego.
    I wish I had been offered projects like this, there's nothing like the "hands on" approach ;-) Lol !

Good luck, Dave.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default hostel

There is actually a hostel right in the Gaslamp District. I stayed there a few years ago, and it was a pretty decent place, and you literally have dozens of nightlife options right outside your door. If I remember, It cost $20-25 for a bed in a shared dorm room, I think they may have also had private rooms for $50-60. However, this was 5-6 years ago so its quite likely the price has gone up. Parking is also a bit of a problem. There are plenty of ramps nearby, but they are kind of expensive. I found some free on street parking about a mile away, but they've since built a baseball stadium in that area, so I don't imagine that exists anymore.

Joplin MO

There is a Motel 6 within walking distance of the Gaslamp Quarter - 1/2 mile. Their standard rate is $55.99 a night.

Motel 6 San Diego Downtown #1419
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 11-30-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: we don't really need to give them a free advertisement here