1. Default Roadtrip From San Fran

Hi I and 3 others from Australia are arriving in San Fran on the 12th Dec. We are flying to New york out of San fran on the 23rd. Was hoping to fit in a road trip in the 12 days I have ending back at San Fran. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Would like to fit in Las vegas and Yosemite national park if possible.

South of England.

Default Popular choice

Hello Clint and welcome to the R.T.A. forums,

This is a very popular choice of trip and the The links in this thread is full of good info.

It would be possible to travel some of the [very scenic] coastal highway and on to Las Vegas and returning across Death valley and taking the Southern route around the Sierra's [via Bakersfield and Fresno] to Yosemite valley.
    It is important to note that the Tioga pass [HWY120] that crosses the Sierra's in Yosemite is closed this time of year and is not an option.

Depending on how you want to plan your trip out, from Vegas, a visit to the South rim of the Grand canyon [North rim closed] is a good overnight option and you also have Zion and Bryce canyon as considerations.

San Fran is a lovely place with Union square, China town and the famous pier '39 amongst lots of other places. I also think the trip to Alcatraz is well worth the time.

Have a look at the links and put an itinerary together and we can help you fine tune it if you so wish.