Default NY to FL family fun with a toddler

Hi Everyone - First time road tripper here! My boyfriend, our 3yr old son and I are planning to go on a road trip this december. We are thinking December 23rd through the 31st and we were planning to drive down to florida. I would love any recommendations for activities and places to stay (reasonably priced) that our whole family would like including our 3yr old. We love the outdoors but camping would be out for us in the winter time. I have no idea how far in florida we should go but we are looking to feel some warmth this winter. Any suggestions would be wonderful! thanks.

South of England.

Default To get you started.

I am not familiar with the the area you are intending to travel but I thought I would say Hi and welcome you to the R.T.A. forums.

You will find lots of useful info searching the forums and have a look in the road trip planning section [in the green toolbar].

This excellent thread has some great info for travelling along the East coast and this thread has info on Florida and keys and extra links within.
    And from the Road trip planning pages.

I'm sure someone will be along with more info but if you have any other questions, just ask.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

As far as camping goes, you could stay in cabins further South - many of them have heat, and that way, if it turns out to be warm enough to spend some time outside by the fire, you'll be able to do that.

Now, what kind of things are you guys into? The answers will help us to provide you with some suggestions.