1. Default Suggestions for a Road Trip

Hello All

I'm planning a road trip sometime in April and I was wondering if people had any ideas for a journey?

I understand this is a very vauge queston but any response would be greatly appreciated.

Essentialy the trip if for three English people in their late twenties to early thirties and would last around three week.

It would be nice to take in the diversity of U.S. - Glaciers to Deserts, long empty roads and busy cities.

Thanks a bunch!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default cross country

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

It sounds like you're looking at a cross country trip, which certainly would be possible within 3 weeks. Having said that, its virtually impossible to narrow things down beyond that when there are millions of possibilities of things to see and we know so little about what your interests are besides "everything".

I'd suggest simply looking around and doing more research on the things that would be interesting to you. There are many resources available, including this forum and the other articles and links on this site. Once you start narrowing down on the things that would be of interest to you, then we can be more help building a trip that would be ideal for your goals.

South of England.

Default Southwest

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Hello All
    It would be nice to take in the diversity of U.S. - Glaciers to Deserts, long empty roads and busy cities.
    Hello and welcome.

As Michael suggested you really need to have a look around and see what appeals to you and get some ideas in place and then we can help you put a trip together. I also agree that a cross country trip is a very good option.
    However, what you have described above can all be found in the Southwest through California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah and comes highly recommended from another U.K'er. It is fantastic and you will see scenery that we never see the like of here in the U.K. [or Europe for that matter].

There are city's such as Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco, N.P's like Yosemite, Grand canyon, Zion, Bryce canyon and desert landscapes of Death valley and Monument valley to name a few.

Have a look around the forums and Roadtrip planning pages and see what appeals to you and come back with a few ideas and we can help you piece it together.

Last edited by Southwest Dave; 11-17-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added info

4. Default

Hmm, your idea of Glaciers to Deserts give me an idea.

Fly to LA. Rent a car, drive through the Mojave and up to Death Valley. Go to Las Vegas. Hightail it up I-15, go up to Yellowstone and Grand Teton Nat'l Parks. Keep going north out of the park to Glacier Nat'l Park (borders Canada). Head west across I-90 to Seattle. Then take ferries to get to the west side of the Puget Sound, get on US101, and take that the whole way down the coast. You can see the Redwoods in CA and cross the Golden Gate bridge. Take the 101 back to LA. Return home.

Easily done in three weeks.