1. Default Thanksgiving road trip from Seattle to ???

I'm looking for ideas for road trips from Seattle for 4 days with friends during Thanksgiving!

I've been considering places east of Seattle (eastern Washington). While we've driven to Oregon a bunch of times - if therez anything interesting around this time - we would love to check out.

Our main intention is to drive - visit interesting places, stay in lodges, have great food - vineyards would also be a good idea! Also, having a lil bit of snowman building experience would be fun too! :)

Any interesting suggestions welcome!!

Tucson, AZ

Default Between Olympics

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Have you considered heading north instead? Calgary was recently (1988) and Vancouver soon will be (2010) hosts to the winter Olympic Games and clearly have the facilities to handle visitors. More to the point, there's a lot of gorgeous country between them including the great ski resorts (Whistler and others) of BC and the incredible National Parks of the Canadian Rockies including Revelstoke, Jasper and Banff. Four days would be just enough time to make a mostly driving tour of all that with a loop back through eastern Washington, but would leave maybe 5 hours a day for hiking and sightseeing.

Joplin MO

The only problem with going to Canada is getting back in to the US. If you don't have a passport, you need a government-issued photo ID and a birth certificate.

4. Default Going north...

Great suggestion, but I considered going North, in fact, that was my first option. Due to issues with my passport, I can't leave the country right now. It has to be in the US.

Joplin MO

You could probably find plenty to do and see in the Spokane/Coeur D'Alene area - and maybe head up toward Kalispell.

6. Default How about Glacier National Park, Montana

Hi Nikhil,

We too live in Seattle and we are planning to drive to Glacier National Park in Montana. its 9:30 Hr from here and my reseach says it is very nice. We expect it to be cold (-5 degree Cel.), if it does not bother you, it could be a nice place to go.

7. Default Seattle to Spokane to Glacier National Park

I like the idea of going from Seattle to Spokane to GNP. And even staying over at Coeur D'Alene. What are some of the interesting things to do and places to go to around this time in this region?

Also, are there some interesting towns that would come along the way that would be worth checking out?