Default Cincinnati, OH-Columbia, MO

Hello - first post.

I'm driving to Columbia, MO Wednesday (500 mi) and then back to Cincinnati Thursday/Friday. Not sure where we will stay Wednesday night. Should I stay in Columbia, or backtrack to St. Louis? Since it's only a short trip, just wondered if there's any great restaurant or scene I shouldn't miss. I may stay in Louisville Thursday night and come home Friday morning. Just not sure - no rules. Anything I should try to see along the way? I'm taking the southern route because I know it's prettier, but that's about all I know.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Mizzu

Welcome to the RTA forum!

With the U of Missouri in Columbia, there should be plenty of things to do and places to stay. I wouldn't bother going all the way back to St. Louis.

I too like I-64, its a remarkably scenic trip through Southern Indiana. There are several caves just west of Louisville, and downtown Lousiville has several interesting museums, including the Slugger Factory, a Malcolm X museum, and a large Science Center.

What's the reason for your trip and why are you going back so soon after you arrive?

Tucson, AZ

Default Just a Thought

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Personally, I'd stay in Columbia on Wednesday night. I assume that you're going there for a reason, so after a full day's drive to get there and doing whatever you went there for, I'd make sure I got a good night's sleep before starting back. I'd then take the two days available (Thursday and Friday) and have a relaxed adventure on the way home and use US-50 through Illinois and Indiana. Take the time to walk around some of the small towns you'll be passing through and ask the locals where they eat. That's how I've found some of my best meals while on the road. Vincennes, IN would make a fair sized city to stop in for the night on that leg.