1. Default Best season for a road trip

I'd like to do a road trip across USA in january and february. Mostly on the west coast, Utah, Colorado and south as well (cause i'm from quebec province, so I already know east part of america).

My plan is to make some kind of a great outdoor trip. Is it a good idea ?
    Or I should wait until spring or summer ?

Thanks

Paul

Default It's all good.

Hello and welcome to R.T.A.

People travel at all times of year for different reasons, so it is hard to answer your question as there are many answers.
    You mention an "outdoor trip" so I presume you want wilderness/National park areas rather than city's? This could make some places difficult or even inaccessible to get to during Jan/Feb but you may fancy winter sports? Summer you will see the warmer temps and ideal for camping but the crowds are out and for some it can get to hot for hiking e.t.c. For me personally, spring and fall are the best times when there are less people, less heat and plenty to do, however if I fancy a break at anytime and can take it, I will. :-)

I would answer these questions and do a little research on places that you may want to visit and then make an informed decision and set an itinerary. When you have done that we will be pleased to help you put a plan together

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Tell us more

Quote Originally Posted by doyp21 View Post
    I'd like to do a road trip across USA in january and february. Mostly on the west coast, Utah, Colorado and south as well (cause i'm from quebec province, so I already know east part of america).

My plan is to make some kind of a great outdoor trip. Is it a good idea ?
    Or I should wait until spring or summer ?

Thanks

Paul
    Hi Paul,
    I'm a Quebecer as well. If you are looking for mild weather, my advice to you is to wait until maybe April or May. And even so, you might encounter winter conditions in some southwestern States. A couple of years ago, I planned on driving accross Nevada in May and got caught in a snowstorm. I had to head south to Las Vegas and even there, the air temperature wasn't that warm. It depends on what you are looking for and what you are planning to do during your trip. Personally, I'm a heat addict :D, so I definitely prefer summer travelling.