Default Day trips..possibly weekend trips

I go to school in Connecticut just south of Hartford. About once a month my friend comes up to visit me at college. And its getting boring because we dont know where to go now. We are looking for fun day trips or even exciting weekend trips. We dont mind getting hotels or even cheap cabins, but otherwise want to keep costs low. What is there to do in the winter up here? Do you have any ideas? Thanks

Default In That Area?

The areas northeast and west of Connecticut have been the subject of numerous discussions herein. For starters, you should read through these on New England and these on New York. Also follow the links to similar topics at the bottom of each thread and make use of the 'Search' function at the right of the thinner green toolbar at the top of this page.

AZBuck

Default Plenty to do

There's plenty to do on the weekend in New England in the winter season.
    I like to take at least one winter trip up to Maine every year to enjoy the off-season rates, the lack of crowds, and the less traveled roads. From Hartford, you have all of Southern New England, parts of Northern New England, as well as parts of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania within an easy travel distance. Even the Canadian border is only four hours away on I-91.

What kind of things interest you? Where are you originally from - somewhere with similar landscape? Where have you been in the area so far?

Default places ive been

im not into the skiing or snowboarding thing. thats why i dont really know what else there is to do in the winter. i am originally from long island, ny. ive been to new london, ct and that area a lot visiting mystic villiage and the seaport. i have also been to salem, mass. coopsperstown, ny and woodstock, ny.

also i may be going off topic but i have a hotel booked in boston to see a yankees-red sox game in april. i have the hotel for two nights and i am only going to the game on the friday, so i have all day saturday to waste in boston, any suggestions.

Default Boston for a walk

Boston is a great city for walking around. Literally around every corner is either some great restaurant or interesting historical spot. Take a walk around Haymarket or the North End.

What kind of things did you used to do in Long Island to keep yourself together in the winter?

I haven't been much of a winter outdoorsy type person myself over the past few years, which leads me to explore the many art museums, homesteads, aquariums, and various other places of a similar vein.

Have you been to the Berkshires? Cape Cod? Anywhere in Rhode Island? Do you have any particular interests that would help us make suggestions?