1. Default Pittsburgh to Birmingham through Nashville

I'm new to this forum but would love some advice on a roadtrip I will be taking in late December. I'm starting in Pittsburgh,PA on December 27th and will be arriving in Birmingham, AL on the 29th. Along the way I will be spending one night in Nashville. I was just curious if anybody knows of anything else along the way that may be worthy of a stop. Besides my start and end date, I'm extremely flexible. I've been looking for a website that could list everything exciting to see along the way, but haven't been able to find such a resource. I'm trying to make this a very memorable experience. Thanks for any sort of help!

Tucson, AZ

Default There are Always and Everywhere Things to See

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I-70/I-71/I-65 make a nice arc down from Pittsburgh to Birmingham through Nashville, and along that route are the following: parts of the old National Road and Mammoth Cave National Park. And not too far off it there's also the National Museum of the United States Air Force and Shiloh National Military Park. As for a web site that lists several places for short refreshing stops on the way, let me humbly suggest this one.

I just was in Tennessee on Saturday. There is a great part of Kentucky from Bardstown to Tennessee that looks great during the early morning hours. It's very refreshing after miles and miles of trees.