1. Default Seattle, WA to Zion National Park

Hello -

We are planning to do a road trip this Thanksgiving from Seattle, WA to Portland, OR to Salt LakeCity, UT to Zion Naitonal Park.

We plan to take I-5 from seattle to Portland and then take I=84 to Salt Lake City and then I-15 to Zion National Park.

Would require some advise, whether this route is the good route take during the winters. If no, give some advise on the best route we should take. In four days we plan to do this trip a come back to Seattle, is this a reasonable number of days, or should we plan for more days.

& please advise the "to-do" list on this route, I being a photographer would like to capture some good shot on the way.

South of England.

Default Interstates

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A forums.

The route you have chosen is by way of the Interstates that are the main priority to keep open at all times so you shouldn't have any major delays [if any] but as we all know the weather is unpredictable and it will be worth checking the forecasts prior to leaving.

At just over 1200 miles you are going to need 2 to 2 1/2 days of driving to do the journey there so I presume you mean 4 days with the time in Zion and then plus time for the return journey. If you can find another day or 2 all the better, maybe even visit Bryce canyon while you are there.

I am not sure whether Portland and Salt lake city are places you want to stop at or not. Portland would be a bit early on to stop the first night. If it's not a stop or a place you want to go then I-90/ I-82 is showing as the quickest way to I-84 from Seattle.
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 11-08-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Info