1. Default Tips for Shreveport, LA to DC to NYC?

We'd like to take a road trip from Shreveport, Louisiana to New York City, with a definite stop in Washington, D.C. However, I'm having problems deciding where else to stop along the way - we don't have much time, so I don't want to make too many stops, but are there any tips?

Thanks!

Default When is the trip planned for?

Quote Originally Posted by versharma View Post
    We'd like to take a road trip from Shreveport, Louisiana to New York City, with a definite stop in Washington, D.C.
    As you probably know the shortest route for such a trip would be 1500 miles one way. Trip planning in the winter months is always affected by weather. When are you planning on leaving and what kinds of things would you like to see enroute? If you were to drive this distance without taking any side trips, you need to allow four days driving time.

Mark

3. Default

Thanks for your help!
    We'd like to leave Sunday and we don't have anything specific in mind to see en route - any interesting American history would be nice, as my travel partner is English and still hasn't seen much of America.

Default Swing by the Shack-up Inn?

Clarksdale, Mississippi is probably too short for the first night -- but your friend might get a kick out of it anyway. Here is a field report. But here are some tips for farther along!

Mark

Welcome Centers offer up a bit of history if you really can't stop many places for long. I would avoid I-20 going through Mississippi and Alabama as you are only going to see pine trees, miles and miles of pine trees. And since you can't stop you'd want to see different kinds of terrain other than pine trees. I'd head up through Tennessee and Virginia.