1. Default Trip from Nashville to Seattle Mid November

I am going to be making the drive from Nashville to Seattle in mid-November. What is the best route for me to take (most reliable, best scenery)? I'd like to make it there within a week, but that is also flexible.

Thanks so much!

Tucson, AZ

Default Either One

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

We have very few hard and fast rules around here, but one of them is that there simply no one, single "best" route. There is only that route which best meets your needs at the time you want to make your trip. There are two basic routes for you to choose from. Both are quite scenic and as reliable as modern road building and maintenance permits. both are between 2,425 and 2,450, so not much to choose from on that score. Between Nashville and southern Iowa, they are the same: I-24/I-57/I-64/I-70/I-29 through St. Louis and Kansas City and then north along the Missouri River. The more northern of the two continues north on I-29 to Sioux City and then follows I-90 all the way to Seattle. The more southern route leaves I-29 near Nebraska City and uses NE-2 to connect with I-80 at Lincoln. Around Salt Lake City, you'd pick up I-84 to the Columbia River in Oregon and then finish up on I-82/I-90 into Seattle.

Take a look at those two routes and see if there's anything along either one that you really can't dream of missing, or if one route suites your tastes better than the other. Your other choice is to wait until just before your departure, or even until you get to Kansas City on your way, and then decide on the basis of which route has better weather forecast.

Last edited by AZBuck; 11-03-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Typos