1. Default Advice reqd on Rock Mountain State roadtrip

Thanks to this great forum, am on my second roadtrip of this year. Work did not permit me to enjoy the peak of fall season, nevertheless not too late.

So I had work at Denver for 5 days and the remaining 8 days I kept for roadtrip. So here is my plan, but am still undecided about 2 routes

1. Peak by Peak scenic highway (return trip) to Rock Mountian National Park -- done
    2. I-70W --> Cisco --> UT-128 --> Arches National Park --> Halt at Moab (Today)
    3. 191 --> 211 (Canyonland NP) --> Monticello --> 95 --> 24 --> Halt at Torrey (Tomorrow, Sunday)
    4. Torrey --> 12 (Boulder Mtn) --> Bryce Country NP 00> Brian Head-Panguitch Lake Scenic Byway to I-15 (Day after tomorrow, Monday)
    5. -- ? (Tuesday, Wednesday AM)
    6. Yellowstone NP (2 days) -- (Wednesday PM, Thurs, Fri)

I am wondering which route to take to Yellowstone NP. Would like to visit SaltLake City to check out the Temples, but just driving on I-15 will be too boring. Any suggestions here please ?

7. From Yellowstone i need to return back to Denver. What route should i take here ?(Friday PM, Sat, Sun AM).

Thanks and appreciate your suggestions.

Hi,
    From Salt lake you could take the 89/189 through Logan and past Bear lake and up through the Tetons.
    Your most direct route back to Denver is the 287 and then I 80 through Laramie/ 287 Fort Collins.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    Hi,
    From Salt lake you could take the 89/189 through Logan and past Bear lake and up through the Tetons.
    Your most direct route back to Denver is the 287 and then I 80 through Laramie/ 287 Fort Collins.

Thanks, great suggestion thru the Tentons. I would like avoid as much of freeway boring long stretches of driving. Is there anything on the East or South East Wyoming that I can drop by while returning via 287, say making Riverton as the base point after covering Yellowstone ?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by abhijitz View Post
    Thanks, great suggestion thru the Tentons. I would like avoid as much of freeway boring long stretches of driving. Is there anything on the East or South East Wyoming that I can drop by while returning via 287, say making Riverton as the base point after covering Yellowstone ?
    I just passed thru the Wind River Valley this fall myself, so here are a few of my highlights. Dubois Wy, home of the Rocky Mnt Sheep Musemum and the Viewing area of the largest wintering heard of RM Sheep in the lower 48. Independence Rock & Devils Gate on Rt 220 and Saratoga Hot Springs in Saratoga Wy. The drive alone from Moran Junction to Rawlins is worth the trip, ENJOY!!