1. Default LA to Denver and in between!

Hi everyone,
    I am an intrepid Aussie trying to plan a road trip from LA - Denver in December. Currently thinking:

LA - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Navajo - Ski somewhere (Breck/Copper) - Denver

Only have two weeks - hope this is long enough, only intend to spend 1 night in vegas and hopefully 3/4 in Breck/copper.

What is the best way to get from Navajo/Monument valley up to Copper/Breck in December?

Are there any other great ski resorts that are easier to get to and more en route between Monument valley and Denver?

Thanks so much
    Drumski

Default I would cut Las Vegas from this trip

Quote Originally Posted by drumski View Post
    I am an intrepid Aussie trying to plan a road trip from LA - Denver in December.
    Since you want to spend the largest chunk of this trip skiing, I would cut Las Vegas from the route. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I live and work in Las Vegas and really like it -- but given the rest of your route -- I think Las Vegas is a bit of an odd detour, especially since you are only going to allow one day here.
    Only have two weeks
    I would suggest LA > Grand Canyon (spent the first night in Flagstaff). Depending how much time you spend at the Grand, stay a night at Gouldings Lodge in Monument Valley (average motel -- great view) and then your best route to the Colorado Rockies is going to be due north on US-191 to Moab and then I-70 to the ski resorts. If you allocate 4-5 days in Arizona and Utah, you will easily have 4-5 days for skiing in the Rockies before driving to Denver.

Mark