Default Evansville, IN Daytrips

I have to head down to Evansville, Indiana for a wedding this weekend. I should have almost all day Friday to myself, where I can do a little exploring. I was thinking of maybe heading to Mammoth Cave, but that might be a little bit too far for just a day.

Does anyone have some other good suggestions for that area, or if I do decide to go to Mammoth, does anyone have any favorite tours that they recommend?

Default Day Trip to Mammoth Cave

Mammoth Cave is about 2 and a half hours from Evansville and the cave tours can take anywhere from about 1-3 hours. So that would make a good day trip. I think I did the Frozen Niagara tour, which concentrates on the geology of the caves and takes about two hours - really enjoyed it. There are also tours that put more emphasis on the history of the caves or concentrate on the scenic aspects. I think they're all fairly well described on the Park Service website, but if not I found that the ticket agents were knowledgeable and helpful.

AZBuck

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default Sleep in a Wigwam

If you have the opportunity,spend a night at Wigwam Village in Cave City. That is very retro. It consists of about twenty teepees arranged around a common area.

I also enjoyed the dinosaur park also located in the town, but out by the interstate.

Dry county though so if you're thinking of an alcoholic drink, bring it in with you.

Default no overnight

I'll remember the wigwam idea for another day, but I won't have time for an overnight this trip.

I am leaning towards Mammoth, I just have to find out what time I'll need to be back in the evening for the Rehersal Dinner.

The park service site does have a ton of information about the different tours. I hadn't really researched it before this week, but I had no idea there was so many different tour options within the cave. Thankfully, it doesn't look like there will be any bad choices.